Featured Guest - Tom Ross | Foresolutions
Management buy outs and Eliminating admin.
Tom Ross from Foresolutions helps business operations professionals in the construction, transportation, aviation and retail sectors by delivering IT strategy, asset management software and business communications - building a business case for digital compliance which saves his customers time and money whilst increasing performance.
Key points discussed:
- Be a human being, not a human doing
- Internally living and breathing the company values and ethos
- Double your costs and half your returns
Key time chapters:
- 00:43 - Get to know Tom Ross - From welder to MD
- 03:13 - Double your costs and half your returns
- 05:45 - Only work with customers who 100% buy in to your service
- 07:01 - Niching down by leveraging strengths
- 08:30 - We onboarded 90% of ideal companies on our "hit list"
- 12:11 - More free value = customer attraction: inspiration from the HubSpot experience
- 14:24 - A digital future connected by "The internet of things"
- 17:56 - Starting from scratch is ideal, but not always the reality
- 20:54 - The importance of both "out the box" and custom solutions
- 25:23 - How does the "Internet of things" work?
- 27:30 - Internally living and breathing the company values and ethos
- 33:13 - Shifting the focus from product, to results
- 35:45 - Employ much smarter people than yourself
- 36:50 - The benefits of employing smart people
- 38:30 - Ridding the world of salespeople and admin tasks
- 40:11 - Expanding from software to hardware
- 42:30 - How to win friends and influence people
- 43:25 - Become genuinely interested in other people
- 43:55 - The magical touch of Andy Bounds
- 45:26 - Be a human being, not a human doing