Featured Guest - Richard Dale | Flowlens
Why productivity should be defined as "output > customer value"
Richard Dale is on a mission to help companies increase their productivity. His company Flowlens helps businesses to automate their business processes, both pre and post production, focusing on integrating all aspects: culture, customers, business processes and more, to create a more enjoyable, productive and profitable company.
In this podcast, Richard and Chris discuss:
- Innovating the post-production experience for manufacturers
- Why productivity is misunderstood
- Lessons from productising a service
Key time stamps:
- 0:30 – Meet Richard Dale
- 1:29 – Meet the boy band
- 2:30 – Our ideal customer at Flowlens
- 5:25 – The evolution of our ideal customer
- 8:30 – Why we chose to productise
- 11:34 – Innovating the post-production experience in manufacturing
- 16:20 – How Flowlens is actualising the above
- 22:45 – The problems Flowlens solves
- 27:26 – Lessons from productising a service
- 29:55 – The minimum viable product
- 31:20 – How long did it take to launch the MVP?
- 32:20 – What does the future of Flowlens look like?
- 33:49 – The challenges of scaling Flowlens
- 36:08 – The £100,000 question
- 37:45 – What actually is productivity?
- 41:45 – Quick fire questions