With the rapid rise of social media and content marketing, it's easy to forget about the value and importance of email marketing. Good, old-fashioned email marketing is trustworthy, cost-effective, builds brand awareness and demonstrates expertise.
New research from Econsultancy revealed email is the best revenue generator of any digital channel.
LexisClick's email marketing success tips:
1. Write as if you're emailing one person - with this in mind, your emails will instantly become more personal.
2. When people sign up, make sure they know how many times you're going to email them. People like to know what to expect.
3. Offer a reward for reading - share a useful tip / inspire them / discount for your services / promotional offer.
4. Use active and urgent language - use power words that attract attention.
5. Experiment with different subject lines - it needs to stand out in crowded inboxes. Keep subject lines simple, specific and transparent.
6. Check your email on multiple devices - many of your subscribers will be reading it on the go.
7. Present a clear call to action - what are you hoping to achieve from the email?
8. Think about when you hit the 'send' button - research shows that Tuesdays and Wednesdays receive a greater response.
9. Avoid jargon and multiple attachments.
10. Measure the campaign by monitoring it carefully. Use your findings to improve the next email.
We know our stuff when it comes to email marketing. We know what works and what doesn't - an email's only any good if it gets results. The team at LexisClick can handle everything for you, or you can use our market-leading email marketing system yourself. Click here to see our email marketing portfolio. Get in touch via 01202 788333 to find out more!